Thanks

"The Chucky Kart" build… GOQUAD 30/46 Conversion

Hello,

I wanted to get some realistic ideas from people who may have experience…

I have been into go quads for many years and own both spin dal and automatic go quads. For the most part I have worked with all motors such as ; G230RC, G260RC, 240RC, 270RC, CY23,CY26,CY29,F270RC, and more… but unfortunately I have not had a chance to experiment with the larger motors such as the 460 and the pro60. So most recently I purchased a GP460 to convert my old SGQ30 LIVE AXEL that I had hanging on my wall for years to a 460. Now I have had this new setup sitting in my workshop for about a week now and still have not bolted it on because I am waiting for some minor pieces (Clutch assembly lockdown bolt/sprocket) . But I wanted to know from your experience what would be the best GEARING set up for this quad if I want to RIP. Rip as in do 360s etc. I don't want to have too much torque with no top end, but I don't want to run a 9 or 10 sprocket and then FRY the clutch because of my weight coming from a dead stop.

Now I know obviously the smaller the sprocket the faster takeoff, vise versa, larger sprocket slower take off but great long run. Well I am about 200lbs 6ft. So I wanted to know if there was any 200 pound riders out there who have a super goquad with a 460 on it. Whats your gearing and how well does your cart run. What were the results? Any tips and pointers I should know about this motor?

The Chucky Cart is still under construction and I have a list of other things I would like to add to it but for now lets focus on the basics. I will do my best to keep pics posted.

Your thoughts, feedback, ideas…

Things that will be coming soon!
    -Billet Wheels
    -New Top Sprocket
    -Billet Gas Cap
    -New Braking System ( Disc Mad Dog or what do you recommend?)
    -Custom Chucky Seat
    -Custom FLIPPED End Bleed Pipe (Sitting on the chair in the picture)

I suppose thats about it for this build. Nothing too special.Something to move faster then my smaller RC's…. I hope. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Badtoon215; 10-07-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks
    Also what purpose does this bolt serve and could I find a local replacement at home depot or is this a goped bolt only. My 78 mm mount assembly came from goped.com but with no bolt. Let me know. Thanks!

http://www.davesmotors.com/hh552.html

Thanks

Its Alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Badtoon215 View Post
    Also what purpose does this bolt serve and could I find a local replacement at home depot or is this a goped bolt only. My 78 mm mount assembly came from goped.com but with no bolt. Let me know. Thanks!

http://www.davesmotors.com/hh552.html
    Well It is on and purring like a kitty. I have not installed the pipe yet because of break in period but it sounds great. Can some one give me more info on that lower adjustment bolt? I installed it but is there a certain way its suppose to go? Let me know any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks
    On a quad the bolt serves no purpose. On a scooter it's there to keep the engine mount from loosening up and allowing the chain tension to loosen. On a scooter, the bolt rests against the frame.

Thanks
    For a stock piped 460 id recomend 7/56 for tons of fun...Once you reed or get porting done id recomend you jump up to an eight tooth.

Thanks
    Any updates?

niz is offline Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow
    Thanks
    Looking forward to seeing your progress on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushinit View Post
    There's a list? Wow that means Arick dodge was first and NIZ was second. Good to know.

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply...

Quote Originally Posted by niz View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your progress on this.
    Sorry for the late reply guys. I have been busy with work M-F and booking side videography gigs.

Well it is alive and running. I haven't took it out in about a month and a half. When I first installed the motor and tightened everything up I only ran it at about 25 percent throttle. Occasionally I would go half throttle here and there during the first gas tank. But mainly just coast it. It ran EXCELLENT. BIG BIG difference from the G270RC, and other little rcs that I have delt with. I was pleased on the first tank. But the time I got to the 3rd tank I was cutting corners like tokyo drift no seriously I live in the city and ride in the streets. lol. I know most wouldn't condone it nore applaud it. But in my city there are no private tracks or recreational parks where we can go and pay a fee. So I test them in the streets. In my opinion the best track is the city because you have all the free obstacles your micro karting heart can ever desire... Pot holes, down hills, oil patches, Doritos bags, snapple bottles, cats and a occasional rat or 2. JK. But yea I really enjoyed the power in the streets. It worked out well the only thing I will mention is on the stock 460s the clutch engages rather late. So you kinda need to half throttle it not to burn your clutch. I guess that depends on your weight. Im 200 pounds and it still pulled me much harder and faster then a piped smaller rc.

I will post a cell phone video of me testing them that night sometime this week.

-7/56
    -Filter
    -NO PIPE yet ...still breaking it in. Haven't put more then 4 tanks of gas in it. Not sure if I want a pipe either considering how late the clutch engages. It would be loud from a dead stop because I have a end bleed pipe. Still pondering.

MORE INFO COMING SOON! AGAIN SORRY FOR THE WAIT GUYS!

MORE PICS... and video coming soon!

niz is offline Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow
    Thanks
    Great news .
    You could alway run clutch saver springs on the standard 460 clutch, this would engage the clutch a lot earlier rpm for you. Or you get a toymaker clutch which would be another better option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushinit View Post
    There's a list? Wow that means Arick dodge was first and NIZ was second. Good to know.