Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Ok guys its been almost a year since I first started this thread. I have kinda just lived with the short range on my esr. Its gotten worse over time. I can ride to my friends house a block down (half a mile )and back and it will show a yellow light. I have an extra 8ah sla battery and I want to try and find out which battery is causing the problem. I was thinking I take out one battery and replace it with the 8ah battery and keep doing that until i find the bad one. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    I dont know what you guys in america are thinking really, lead acid batteries?? Lol.

I changed over a year ago now and i still get a consistent 20 mile range (wich is more than enough) with no loss of power . The batteries are perfect , safe ,and the bms automatically cuts off with over current protections and over discharge wich i have put to test! I made it my self amd theres algo a thread about it i made it will cost roughly 400-500 dollars for the 24ah pack but less range can be achieved at a lower price. In 6 hours charge i get the full 32 kilometers range. Life span is 800-1000 cycles lead acid is efin 50 and then you have half the range lol.

Come on guys just dich the lead acids they are the passed

Thanks
    http://www.billetboard.com/showthrea...hlight=headway

This is the thread i made a year ago, a cheap ,easy and proved battery conversion, dont be afraid to do it its great, i can help with anything you may need

Thanks
    I'm looking to switch to lithium in the future but I'm trying to find out if it's the batteries that are bad, or if it's the motor/controller. Another thing is that the batteries fully charge from 0% to 100% in an hour which doesn't seem right at all.

Thanks
    It sounds like a connection issue.
    Pictures of your setup without the deck Please.
    Sometimes the cheap connector clips that goped uses for the battery connections fail and do not
    Hold enough pressure contact on hard pulls on the amps but sufficient for charging
    Which could account for your long occurring symtoms.

Thanks
    Still sounds really similar to my Schwinn. Your battery idea might pin point the bad battery if only one is bad, but could be a lot of work for nothing if you have more than one bad battery.

Trust me. Touching two needles from a volt meter to the batteries is way easier than disconnecting a bunch of batteries.
    If you do choose to do it your way be really careful when first connecting each wire. Every time the wire arcs to the battery. You can burn something else up in the controller.

Thanks
    Here are some pictures. Ive also noticed that one of the battery terminals constantly corrodes even after cleaning it off. http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/cykablyat/library/

Thanks
    I could only get about 6-8 miles on my hoverboard with SLA, but with 32ah lipo you could go about..20-25 miles. the fast charging time is really great too.

Thanks
    I think i may have found the problem. The on board charger indicates that the battery is fully charged but when i connected the battery to an external charger, it has been charging for an hour now. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    2 batteries were full, one was not and when i tried to charge the last one, the charger reported that the polarity was reversed even after checking the connections.

Thanks
    Only that one battery reported reverse polarity to the charger. Does that mean it's the bad one?

Thanks
    Anyone?