Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Goped esr750 range

Hello, I'm new to the forum and need some help with my Goped ESR 750 range. I picked the scooter up a year back 2nd hand basically brand new just needed batteries and brushes. I replaced the brushes and upgraded the 6ah stock batteries to 9ah batteries with the upgrade kit. And it seems that the range is really bad. My friend has a hoverboard with 8year old batteries and his still lasts longer. Any ideas? I have the black case motor and 200 amp stock controller.

Thank you

Thanks
    Welcome to the group .

" The range is really bad" is too vague . 2 miles ? 25 miles ? What is your current range ? With specific information , experts can determine if you have an issue or high expectations .
    "Everything you read on the internet is not entirely accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dean For This Useful Post:

Len (06-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Dean, yes the range is around 2-3 miles on a single charge. I took it out yesterday and tried to push it as little as I could with the throttle so I was in econo and was going about half throttle. It still only lasted like 2-3 miles. Like I said, brand new batteries, brushes replaced and motor cleaned, tires at max psi, no chain binding, chain tensioner set correctly and stock controller. Maybe I do have high expectations because I had an ezip 1000 a couple years back and that lasted way longer than my Goped.

Thanks
    I had the exact same experience with my 750EX, I tried several sets of new batteries in addition to the steps you have listed, and same results. I finally gave up and dumped it on CL for $300. The first thing everyone asked was "how far will it go on a charge" and that was that, till the price got so low someone just bought it. This, plus some other unhappy battery powered bicycle experiences, has completely soured me on electric vehicles in general. Next electric vehicle I buy will come with a range that is guaranteed for a minimum distance for a set number of charges. I am done with "Well, it depends on several factors, terrain, riding style, weight of rider, etc etc". That just means that they are embarassed at how short the range is and how fast it drops off after many recharge cycles. Way better off just buying a Geo if you want clean transportation in a scooter.

Thanks
    Was your ESR brand new or did you get it from craigslist?

Thanks
    I wanted to comment because I had a similar situation with another brand electric scooter.

The lights would show charged, but the scooter would fizzle out fast. I decided to start fresh & just bought 3 new batteries from BatteriesPlus.
    When I installed the batteries the scooter showed the same results. Looked charged, but would fizzle quick.

As I dug deeper & tested the scooter under load it was only showing 27volts under load instead of required 36volt.
    Long story short. One of the 3 " Brand New "batteries from the factory was faulty.
    Replaced that one again with proven new good battery & all has been good since.

Maybe your having the same issue?

Thanks
    Hmmm maybe... Because I went to batteries plus as well and I took the batteries back and they tested all four batteries and they were all showing 12 volts 9ah, so maybe it's not the batteries. I'm more pointing towards the motor and controller as the motor has bushings and 4 brushes and the controller can peak at 200 amps. If you need pictures just let me know.

Thanks
    I had a similar experience, turned out the interconnect was not connecting 2 of the batteries together...so I was basically running on half power. Taped the interconnect and the batteries together really well and it's working great now.

Thanks
    That happened to me once but I fixed it like you said, but I still get about 2 or 3 miles of range. But I am noticing that one of the battery terminals starts to corrode, does that have something to do with it?

Thanks
    If they actually said 12volt,9ah I'd be
    I have never seen a place do an amp load except an auto place doing a
    Large car batteries.

Don't let it get you down, after you figure it out you'll like it.
    you haven't mentioned your sprocket sizes your running, that could account for
    Some load draw.

Thanks
    That'd what they told me lol. I'm on the road right now trying to fix my friends hoverboard. But when I get back ill let you know what sprocket sizes I have. I believe they are stock.

Thanks
    I like the electric gopeds but my ezip e1000 overvolted to 48volt
    would probably keep up with trail rippers in tight trails.
    I have had zero issues with any of my electric rides other than the basic
    Electrical glitch here and there.
    http://www.billetboard.com/showthread.php/5814-fast

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    If they actually said 12volt,9ah I'd be
    I have never seen a place do an amp load except an auto place doing a
    Large car batteries.

Don't let it get you down, after you figure it out you'll like it.
    you haven't mentioned your sprocket sizes your running, that could account for
    Some load draw.
    I had the same experience with batteries plus. They said they couldn't properly test the battery under load. They advised I go to a automotive store.
    So I did the test myself. Wasn't hard if you have a amp meter. Put back wheel off the ground. Check each battery one at a time while giving the scooter throttle. If the meter reads close to 12v after full charge while under load. It was a good battery. The bad battery made the meter jump all over the place while testing under load.

This was all after the batteries plus employee's argued that the new battery was good because it was " new".
    It read good on their volt meter, but it was not under load during the test.
    I had to go back with my video test to exchange for a new battery.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirtmonkey For This Useful Post:

Len (06-29-2015)

Thanks
    Well, the next time I need sla batteries I won't be going to batteries plus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by displayking View Post
    Well, the next time I need sla batteries I won't be going to batteries plus.
    I wasn't really bad mouthing batteries plus. The guy's have to do what the franchise says. I was more suggesting possibly checking into the batteries more. Since I think maybe the guy tested the voltage on your batteries, but mispoke if he said he tested amps under load.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirtmonkey For This Useful Post:

Len (06-30-2015)