Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Depths of Hell View Post
    Sometimes........ sometimes it's best to let nature take its course.
    So true........so true.
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

bobdudeguyman (08-10-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pedguyman View Post
    My sister's new dog she just picked up today. German Shepard shar pei mix.
    She also has a pit, all it wants to do is snuggle.

Attachment 23772
    Damn just turned 2 years old and they had to put him down. **** such a good dog, its whole life all it wanted to do was lay next to you and give you love.

Had to do with the lump he got on his neck a week ago I guess.

pic's from last month when I house sat.
    Name:  Photo01311726_2.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  60.3 KB
    Name:  18197400_10212641838871149_944253988_n.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  120.8 KB
    Name:  18191325_10212641832110980_933125871_n.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  114.7 KB
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks
    Damn that sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that.

Thanks
    Sorry about that . Losing a pet can be heartbreaking . Plain and simple . they become a member of your family .
    "Everything you read on the internet is not entirely accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Thanks
    Logically thinking, saying that a certain breed of dog is predisposed to a certain way of acting or thinking, simply because of the genetics of the breed history, is quite literally the same thing as stating that a certain race or physical attributes of a person makes them predisposed to a specific way of acting and thinking. Honestly, it's blatant prejudice. Like saying something like people with Irish descent are more prone to drink and get in fights, or that people with French descent are dirty and lazy, or that police officers and politicians are all corrupt, or people with darker skin color are predisposed to a life of crime, etc...

It has absolutely nothing to do with the breed, and everything to do with how the animal was raised, trained, and treated. If a dog attacks me (and yes, I have been) I blame the owner, not the dog. I grew up with dogs, and never have been bitten or attacked by any of them.

I have several friends who have bred and raised "pit bulls" (ex. American Staffordshire Terrier), and other domestic animals, and have never ever had a single aggressive incident whatsoever. But a neighbor friend, next door to me, also had a chihuahua he rescued from a abusive home, and that lil ankle-biter was the meanest, grouchiest, most evil dog I've ever met. Couldn't even get close to him without pulling back a stub!

It follows a similar line as the whole gun ban issue, which I hate to bring up, since it is also as controversial. I can put a pistol on my porch, and leave it there for days, and it will not once have the propensity to attack or kill anyone. The person that picks it up, loads it, and uses it for morally wrong purposes, is the guilty party that should be under accusation.

I was raised in the old ways. At a very early age, single digits, I learned to hunt, fish, make fire, make shelter, use a knife, and use a firearm. A good dog by my side. I'm not afraid of them, and I have been on both sides of one. But I do respect their power. Which is the same power you have when driving a car on public roads, the power to take a life, even if by accident.

But should we ban cars? Of course not. Should we ban guns? Of course not. Should we ban dogs? Of course not. Criminals who have intention of using any weapon, animal, or otherwise, for illegal or immoral purposes, are not going to abide by laws, that's why their criminals.

What's the first thing someone is going to do when they get robbed, broken into, or threatened? Call someone with a dog and a gun.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdudeguyman View Post

What's the first thing someone is going to do when they get robbed, broken into, or threatened? Call someone with a dog and a gun.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dean For This Useful Post:

bobdudeguyman (08-10-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    That's their number!

I think there should be a code you can dial to directly report animal cruelty anonymously...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdudeguyman View Post
    That's their number!

I think there should be a code you can dial to directly report animal cruelty anonymously...
    Here In NY , 911 is also used for animal cruelty . A crime is a crime

Thanks
    Well, the French are generally stinky...it's not genetics though.

It's very odd to me that a guy would relate the breeding of dogs, to prejudice.
    Pointers are bred to point.
    Bloodhounds are bred to smell.
    Healers are bred to herd.
    Pits WERE bred to fight.

It took e few hundred years to get them to be the perfect fighters, it'll take a hundred to make them lapdogs.

Pretty simple.
    Lookin for a new goat...mine is wore the hell out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey View Post
    Slitz is taken. We'll let you be Clitz.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cablescum For This Useful Post:

CaliusOptimus (08-10-2017),Depths of Hell (08-11-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cablescum View Post
    Well, the French are generally stinky...it's not genetics though.

It's very odd to me that a guy would relate the breeding of dogs, to prejudice.
    Pointers are bred to point.
    Bloodhounds are bred to smell.
    Healers are bred to herd.
    Pits WERE bred to fight.

It took e few hundred years to get them to be the perfect fighters, it'll take a hundred to make them lapdogs.

Pretty simple.
    They are bred for their physical traits, which can make them better at specific tasks when properly trained. Some are bred for their sensitive sense of smell, visual acuity, or hearing ability, which can make them better hunting dogs if trained to use their abilities. Some are bred for their high level of endurance and resistance to cold environments, and when trained properly, can make excellent sled dogs. Some are also bred for their sheer physical strength too. And again, with training and proper attention, can make for a loyal sidekick when you're worried about your protection. But, no matter what breed you choose, and no matter what their inherent physical traits are, it is how you raise, train, and care for them that change their mindset towards people.

If there was controlled breeding over people, it would still follow the same issue. Regardless of your physical traits, a person can be good or bad at anything, if they have the proper education and training. Just cause a person is big, doesn't mean they like to beat people up. And just cause someone is small and quiet, does not mean they aren't dangerous.

Dogs don't inherently just attack people. They are taught to. Why do you think German Shepherds are so popular with police departments? They are large breed, heavy, strong, and also loyal and intelligent. Yet they still have to go through extensive training to be taught to use their abilities. The dog learns from what it perceives and experiences, much like we do. When people train them improperly, abuse them, and are generally mean to them, they will learn to not trust people, and can eventually become aggressive towards them.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

cablescum (08-11-2017),Depths of Hell (08-11-2017)

Thanks
    I have French Bulldogs, they have been bred for about 100 years to be companion dogs. They are almost, not a dog at all. BUT, they came from the same place your Pit came from. It all started with a monster called a Mollisus...and to this day, if another dog looks sideways at its cute little Teddy Bear of a relative...it'll try to snatch the throats out of the other dog.

Those genes are inescapable.
    Lookin for a new goat...mine is wore the hell out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey View Post
    Slitz is taken. We'll let you be Clitz.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    LOL! Yep, the same ol' story...genetics vs. environment.

I can guarantee you though, if any human (or sentient being) treats any animal (or any other species of creature known to humankind) poorly, regardless of the breed, (or race), it is going to have aggressive tendencies towards the abuser, and similar. And frankly, I would too. And that, is an unassailable fact.
    Last edited by bobdudeguyman; 08-11-2017 at 08:56 PM. Reason: fraekni sepllngi

Thanks
    Statistics are the biggest liars of our millennium. Statistics are SUPPOSED to be based on mathematical perfection. Unfortunately, nothing could be farther from the truth. If one takes into account how many of those attacks were provoked by the "victim" in some way, or the animal was trained or treated immorally when alone with it's owner, then the WHOLE set of numbers CHANGES drastically. All of a sudden, when you take out the number of attacks that were RIGHTFULLY provoked by the "victim", a lot more detailed information starts to show up....

I'll be much more inclined to be comfortable and trusting around someone whom my dog likes and adores, than someone I like, but that my dog won't trust to be in the same room with me alone <3

Thanks
    The #1 cause of divorce in the U.S. by far, is Marriage.