Thanks

Esr won't turn off

I was riding in a drizzle, when I got to my location my esr 750 sport would not power off when I switched it to off. Is it possibly a short due to the rain? It eventually turned off by itself after an hour when the battery ran out. Any advice appreciated!

Thanks
    I stopped reading at drizzle my nizzle no wonder your ride took a fizzle.

I'll give you some sound advice, water and electricity don't mix.

Thanks
    Take the deck of and check for unplugged connectors and make sure everything is connected like it should be, if everything is OK, like Len said water and electronics don't mix, unless you waterproofed your esr somehow.

Thanks
    @ fri,
    Let me know if you want to get rid of that sport
    If it starts to be a bit much for you to maintain

Thanks
    I would not recommend riding in the rain, a shower or a drizzle on an electric scooter. But if this were mine and this happened....I wood remove the deck, take note of where all connections are, then carefully remove the batteries. Wipe out/off any moisture and check that all connections are dry and secure.
    Then replace the batteries and try to re-charge.
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

fri_1986 (07-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks sj, I let it dry out in the sun and it is working fine now. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Learned my lesson, I won't be riding my electric scooter in any kind of precipitation

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fri_1986 For This Useful Post:

Len (07-13-2015)

Thanks
    What if u put rice on the inside.when my phone gets into water rice always fixes it
    If you aint mixing gas you aint halling a$$

Quote Originally Posted by EvoSpeed View Post
    Anthony I- the zip tie king

Thanks
    I mean, you can, as long as the pan is water tight and there is no way moisture can get to the electronics. But still, don't ride it in heavy rain or something like that.

Thanks
    It automatically shut soff after an hour without throttle applied. Likely cause for the issue is water in the thumb throttle or its connector switch under the deck just at the tidal point where the throttle line runs down and colelcts drops and before the cable on the inside is routed slightly above bottom of the pan is a connection plug... it getting wet means a possibility the 5V line still was open even if you press the power button.

No harm done, just avoid leaving it outside in streaing rain or deep puddles, a bit of rain does not hurt.

Thanks
    The turning off after a period is built into the software,it's to save battery drain and is normal.
    Also if transporting you can zip tie the thumb lever all the way down and will save
    accidentally bumping the on/off button eliminating the possibility of an accidental power up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    I would not recommend riding in the rain, a shower or a drizzle on an electric scooter. But if this were mine and this happened....I wood remove the deck, take note of where all connections are, then carefully remove the batteries. Wipe out/off any moisture and check that all connections are dry and secure.
    Then replace the batteries and try to re-charge.
    Old thread, but i felt to state that there is a 1-2mm airspace in between the bottom of the pan and the charger board as well as the controller board.

This are cannot be reached easily.

Best is to tilt the scooter slight forewards so every larger water accomulation will move into an area where one can reach it with a microfiblre or kitchen towel and afterwards use a heater, ideally a fan heater or hairdrier, to heat up the pan and make the water on the pan evaporate.
    This can be done by letting it sit on a hot stone or cement surface such as a driveway on a summers day ( with the deck and batts still removed of course), too.

As a last step a fan heater or hair drier must be used to blast hot air on the circuit boards from the inside, having it push some hot air for 10 minutes around should suffit to get rid of the remaining moisture.

If it still acts erratically but does not smell funny there may be still water in the thumb throttle inself or its wires and connection plug, so have this drying out a bit more