Thanks

what motor is on my ESR750

I have a preowned ESR750 the only id on the motor is eched on the drive side, "75-55" "SE1240" is it the stock motor or something else?

Thanks
    unless it says torkinator, you most likely have a stock motor.

Thanks
    What color is the can of the motor? Silver or black?

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by displayking View Post
    What color is the can of the motor? Silver or black?

its black with a 3/8 inch silver band at the drive end and the heatsink is silver there is another # that may be a date 10-04

Thanks
    does it look like the one in the picture in the link I posted?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elbruceo View Post
    its black with a 3/8 inch silver band at the drive end and the heatsink is silver there is another # that may be a date 10-04
    You would have the oldest style motor it has four brushes if you ever have to replace them, don't forget to clean the communicator on the core before you reset your brushes

Thanks
    You either have the older style black can motor, which is better than the newer style in my opinion, or you have the torkinator. Check the link that F1 posted.

Thanks

here are some pics

here are some picsName:  heatsink.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  83.8 KBName:  motor drive.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  103.9 KBName:  motor.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  94.0 KBName:  rear wheel.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  99.6 KB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    You would have the oldest style motor

Thanks
    If you grow tired of it give me a pm I'm looking for another esr sport if the price was right.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elbruceo View Post
    I have a preowned ESR750 the only id on the motor is eched on the drive side, "75-55" "SE1240" is it the stock motor or something else?
    This is likely a 15/75 mark and applies to the gearing ratio.

A polished firm metal end bell and the higher torque ( but lower rpm range) of the old motor is superior to the new one, the higher drag and shimrings instead of bearings internally are said to be not as good as with the current motor.

The current cast aloy endbell is an achilles heel as the mounting point of the pivoting chain tensioner.

Your scooter has the old candy apple red painting and a motor used till 2004, the newer tensioner design is after 2006 ( i may be wrong on those numbers) so likely it has had some fair use and was replaced at some time. Further indicators of usage would be a spacer in between battery pan and deck hinting a later upgrade to larger batteries and being an "EX"version in range, the standard cells of the regular 750 Sport did not serve much range.

The setup may benefit of having a new chain installed... if you intend to sell Len does not want to buy it for some reason and despite reasonable pricing i may be interrested as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    This is likely a 15/75 mark and applies to the gearing ratio.

A polished firm metal end bell and the higher torque ( but lower rpm range) of the old motor is superior to the new one, the higher drag and shimrings instead of bearings internally are said to be not as good as with the current motor.

The current cast aloy endbell is an achilles heel as the mounting point of the pivoting chain tensioner.

Your scooter has the old candy apple red painting and a motor used till 2004, the newer tensioner design is after 2006 ( i may be wrong on those numbers) so likely it has had some fair use and was replaced at some time. Further indicators of usage would be a spacer in between battery pan and deck hinting a later upgrade to larger batteries and being an "EX"version in range, the standard cells of the regular 750 Sport did not serve much range.

The setup may benefit of having a new chain installed... if you intend to sell Len does not want to buy it for some reason and despite reasonable pricing i may be interrested as well.
    I wonder if there is a way to replace those bushings with bearings. I have a black can and I wish they had bearings.

Thanks
    it has new batts the 7ah thinner ones .no spacer. it runs quit well I don't care for these small wheel scooters. i like the larger wheel scooters not sure what i am going to do with it . thanks for all the help