Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

1000 watt 14s Lipo Razor E325

Got some complaints from the neighbors about my SGSR46r so I threw this together with some leftover pocket bike parts, lipos I had leftover from R/C boats I used to have and an eBay 1000 watt motor /controller system

Gps'd at 20 mph, going to change gearing for some more top end, it's a wheelie machine with the gearing it has now 😀

Figure I can take this one to most campgrounds as well
    Attached Images Attached Images       

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leatherwoodray For This Useful Post:

Gpedcruisin (07-09-2016),Len (07-09-2016),qwerty (07-11-2016)

Thanks
    Very cool! What's the capacity of those lipos?

Also, is it 12s? I see six lipos.

Thanks
    They are 5000mah 40c turnigy lipos, haven't done a range test yet but I would assume only 3-5 miles, not a commuter by any means

5. The Following User Says Thank You to leatherwoodray For This Useful Post:

CaliusOptimus (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherwoodray View Post
    They are 5000mah 40c turnigy lipos, haven't done a range test yet but I would assume only 3-5 miles, not a commuter by any means
    Nice i run the 60c 4s lipos in my slash street car and it is amazing. In the 80s with this batt!

Thanks
    Holy shit
    Matt Etchells
    Flash-Systems ltd.

Mattetch@gmail.com

Thanks
    Are the rear dropouts the stock configuration of this Razor or have been cut of a crotchrocket and put on this frame ?
    The mounting braket for the brake caliper does not look like as if being a stock part of this scooter, is this selfmade or taken over from a PB ?

The PB wheels look great on this frame ( , too).

Thanks
    Stock dropout setup, I had to use PB front wheels front and rear, rear of this frame is too narrow to run a rear PB wheel on the back, caliper mounts were sourced from the PB

Thanks
    Stock dropout setup, I had to use PB front wheels front and rear, rear of this frame is too narrow to run a rear PB wheel on the back, caliper mounts were sourced from the PB
    Thats the receipe for a greart budget build then, all welding required is on the motor mount and a deckbased mount would work as well if using strong wood.

I like how its so clean and eleganty looking, that Razor E325 seems way harder to find than a standard E300, though.

Do you know of other Razor models that have similar potential for a fitout with PB wheels and replacement of motor/ controller/ batteries ?

On a courious sidenote, which controller do you use, is this controller operated at the fixed voltage of all packs you have or did you try to use it at different voltage/ battery pack configurations ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty For This Useful Post:

Len (07-13-2016)

Thanks
    3 more question sprung to mind:

- what do you use as the chain tensioner and does it work well enough ( no chain drops) ?

- is that motor mount selfmade or cut out/ adapted from existing parts ( which ) ?

- Did you transplant a rear wheels free casting setup ?

As on the rear brake caliper, finding old and wide calipers with a shorter pulley is hard but ( mattetech correct me if i am wrong) the old Bigfoot calipers seem to have a shorter pulley lever.
    This may benefitial if leaning in to the left side;

These occasionally pop up for sale - and other PB'smay have shorter levers, too.

Thanks
    No mods to existing motor mount other than drilling a few holes, motor hangs below mount stock, I just mounted it on top.
    The older 300's with the folding pole is the same frame as the E325
    No chain tensioner, the tension is set by the rear axle
    Motor controller and motor were a package deal on eBay, designed for 48 volts but handles the 60 volts just fine
    I can't take credit for these ideas, there are multiple builds of e300's on other forums modifiedelectricscooters.com is a good source for modified razor builds
    I had to drill and tap the front wheel that I used in the back to accept the brake rotor

I eventually want to use all these parts on a esr750 frame

14. The Following User Says Thank You to leatherwoodray For This Useful Post:

qwerty (07-12-2016)

Thanks

I eventually want to use all these parts on a esr750 frame
    In candy apple red ? This frame and the stock motors cooling head with the wood deck make for the most beautiful scooter i could cite right now, however i wouldnt break your current built since it is so pretty as well.

That brake caliper mount is ingenious but would not fit on a Gopeds lefty rear fork as the clearance of the brake disk required for calipers to work ( smaller disks may work, extremerly small ones) would lead to the need to space out the wheel and then front and rear would be slightly misaligned.

On the front the wheels would clear, but PB wheels on the rear would not clear due their diameter.

A controller/ throttle modification and usage of Lipos is very possible, old GPN had lots of builds and Endless-Sphere still has some for reference.

That build is so stunningly beautiful that i consider to replicate it.

Thanks
    This is my daughters E300, stock motor but has 80t rear sprocket (absolute best mood ever !!, even on an all stock scooter) stock variable throttle control (from my E325) and 36v Lipo power

Hers will do 19mph and doesn't struggle on hills at all

She is Pokemon hunting in this pic 😀
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Pretty cool setup.
    you guys are renewing my spark for mine.
    taking the HB and esr sport out of hibernation this weekend

I've got a bunch of hvb2"s practically new with bad brushless controllers for free if you want to mess with one
    they are light to ship without the lead.

Thanks
    If noone takes on your offer and before they lay unused i would be happy to take one or both for rebuild - i'd pay 50 each plus shipping ( should be on volumetric weight and not much more than shipping just one) and make a thread on the builds.

No pressure intended and no rush in decsion required, i tried to find a hardtire on european Ebays but they rather sell to expensive ( north of 400 USD even if it is unclear if they work) or/ and are remarkably rusty if looking at UK specimen - the last one i bid on looked like it had sat in the sea for a year and still sold north of the 150 Euro i had bid on it despite being sold as guaranteed to be defective.
    Accordingly it is unlikely i will buy enough to make me fed up of them locally anytime soon.

One would be made a 24v using 4x12v5ah cells ( if i can get a spacer made somewhere 7ah) for long range at stock standard speeds, undecided on the controller yet but those with sinus-wave throttle control/ torque based throttle ( which also allows casting at same or higher speed down a hill as no need to apply torque) seem to be best in theory but require a steady hand at the bars - but then they reassemble a rear brake so that would probably be best in this application.
    Seeing how cheap lipo's are these days and since 5ah is a common capacity on RC Lipo cells at comparable pricepoints/ not much more the spacer idea may not be happening at all.

A second one would be made for speed, either 36 or 48v nominal, maybe even 60v if the motor can take the revs; To not suffer too much on torque/Amp maximum ( whihc gets lower the more the voltage increases) 36-48 v seem best.
    That build would go for light weight so RC-Hobby Lipo cells would make a decent choice and require no deck spacer.

(It may be possible to get one and the same model of kellly controller and throttle for both setups, they are neat as they support a wide voltage range as being programmable.
    Running a 48V controller up to 60V or as low as 19V is both possible.)

Adjustments possible with a Kelly:

On number 1:
    With a Kelly programmed for lower current draw but higher speeds one number one, if using a "switchboard" type parrallel connector board to connect the batteries or simply make another y-harness on the cruiser scooter if going somewhere with really smooth riding surface and not much hills by changing the battery configuration to 48V.

Number 2:
    The other, the fast and lightweight one, could be reprogrammed as needed based on range and speed requirements in concert with avaiability and fitness of individual rc hobby lipo packs. ( The more packs one wants to carry in there the faster it can go, and if range needs change the configuration can accordingly
    Since a single-brick 36V (12s ?) pack is more pricey and less maintenance friendly than 2x6s packs or 3x4s there is incentive to play around with that, and Lipo chargers for up to 6 cells are more in cchoice and merrier in pricing.)
    Individual smaller packs also allow for reconfiguration to different voltages, if for example the double range is needed but lower speed is O.K. just halve the voltage (which nearly doubles the Ah). Using 3 packs with 4 cells each - or double that depending on range this will result in - would appear as the most sensible first approach.

As on the charger, using LiPo on both would leave room under the deck for a Lipo charger which could be screwed to the bottom of the battery pan liek the controller boards have been.
    The silica-rubber plug used on the Hoverboard and ESR to seal the opening at the rar side towards the fender of the battery pan should be available as a spare part, making a easy-pull latch for it on the outside and tether the end of a charging plug to it on the iside would be a breeze. For charging it one could simple pull the silica plug and a bit of the charging wire comes out with it from under the deck ( secured by knotting it around one deck mount post) with its connector plug neatly being made avaible for a closeby external wall plug or extender cable/ surge protector stripe.

On a separate note, has anyone ever tried to find the Bladez-tires ( airtires with 6-7 inch with matching rim) that Goped seems to use on the iPed ?
    They may even work on the rear of a spindle ped, i wonder if they clear a standard front fork ( iped part number for fork seems identical to others) since then they may fit front and rear of Goped hardtire scooters.

Thanks
    I don't know how many he has left, he is sending one to me 👍

20. The Following User Says Thank You to leatherwoodray For This Useful Post:

Len (07-18-2016)