Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want a pruck

Thanks
    On same topic,
    I'm putting up a pan/tilt wifi camera on a 80' flag pole tomorrow in my back yard.
    Hooking to a cellphone external battery boost 5v cell.timing right now at 4+ hrs and counting.
    new but did a little Camo on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Some French El Camino interpretations:

The classic CX 6 wheeler, build for quick and far delivery of the daily newspaper ( at its time known to spend most of its life in the left line redlining its diesel at around 115 mph):
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=citro...HXr6BecQsAQIHA

Its interresting as it combines the legendary design and hydropneumatic shock absorbing of the CX witht serious hauling abilities.

Vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOUOXm8JLxU

Aftermarket ambulance "backpack"on a later model "Citron" XM do not look as nice ( Tissier Ambulance build).

As on the wifi camera, i'd add on a second camera ( a third if this one is not nightvision already/ light sensot and floodlight installed - and maybe one more on the street so you can see signplates and not just muggy shadows of the offenders) which must not be functioning and maybe drives them into the direction of the camouflaged one.

Most of the theft-fending effect of a camera is not in the actual footage or its quality but in its sheere presence, the thieves know they are recorded and may reconsider and go for an easier target ( crackheads may not).

When they stole my scooter they did in front of a crowded pub with CCTV cameras hanging from the facades next to the pub name of this and both adjoining pubs, they have not been impressed at all as it appears so that additional camera in plain sight can well a defective one or a fake.

Thanks
    I bought 2 and have 4 of the same coming so it matches up on my cellphone app.all are HD 1080 IR with finger swipe zoom on the phone and other touch screens.auto alert with auto record on cloud.

This one works awsome to,but wish was on same app to free up an icon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I bought 2 and have 4 of the same coming so it matches up on my cellphone app.all are HD 1080 IR with finger swipe zoom on the phone and other touch screens.auto alert with auto record on cloud.

This one works awsome to,but wish was on same app to free up an icon.
    It certainly does look safe, makes one wonder why the mugs did not realize that the omnipresence of cameras should change their behaviour ?
    In the UK one is on video every step you take in the greater London area, it did affect some crime but not all - mostly those done on foot/ by junkies went unaffected.
    For some weird reason most junkie thieves will arrive and travel in cars so getting the signplate reading is important.

As you ar ein solar installations business:
    I wonder if neighbourhood watch groups would be interrested in buing a weatherproofed such setup with a solar charger and buffer battery, camera and a pole and/ or mounting gear ( together or without cloud storage subscription).
    A small webpage to advertise those, no online shop but rather email/ phone details, would be all that is required to put these out on sale overregionally.

It is interresting to see how home safety is converging more and more into a comfort feature, this compnay Nest is bringing out a new camera as well - still in line with their focus group of airbnb hosting products as i thought, i was unaware that comfort and usage from the mobile as central dash is equally important to quality of the pictures and sensitivity/ false alarms and such.

Just came across a youtube link on a Citrone CX "box van/ camper van conversion", done by BBC TV's "Top Gear" Shows host Jeremey Clarkson some years back - it is fun to watch:

https://youtu.be/I7g08nwEmyY

Thanks
    I'll probably start hooking up these things at most places I'm working after showing the homeowners.
    So simple to connect and use.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I'll probably start hooking up these things at most places I'm working after showing the homeowners.
    So simple to connect and use.
    Most people wont realize or shy back from doing the legwork in assembling the components.

Private parties interrested in a kit will surely be even more numerous, those people selling windmill generator kits and solar power kits on ebay get a nice extra income out of it so such kits that integrate with their home automatization platfrom of choice - or just come with a good app - could sell well.

The mention of neighbourhood groups buying some was made as one of these at the end of a street pointing towards signplates of the passing traffic could do a lot in identifying suspects in thefts, and most neighbourhood watch organizations could "sell the idea"to their members easily (no matter if just the person on watch can control the angle/ movements but everyone in the neighbourhood could access the footage thorugh an app only).

I wonder if there is already kits on those on ebay ?

Thanks
    Courious about the futore of solar city now, they intend to integrate the battery banks into their solar panels to make more people install the combination of both ( in short they will be deisgned more sleek).
    Not sure if that would even work on many roofs since batteries do weight a lot, but if it does he may start to put a brand on solar panels and solar battery packs that attracts premium pricing and possibly includes eased access to government stimuli for installs of both.

As a smaller-then-Tesla solar business the service of easing up access by filing aids on local paperwork can use the momentum they generate and match their service, but with cheaper and more scaleable battery technology in use. Makes one wonder if all these people that do not yet install solar and powerwalls where unable to put the batteries in the house and hidden somewhere under the roof ?

If that is the case then a clever battery storage, something like a easy-to-dig-in battery bunker or a square block out of concrete that can be burried but as well left sitting could be good sellers ? The fair number of people that buy sheds and lockable compartments for their trashcans indicate this may be an aspect for some people, particularly those that refine their homes.

There is innovative solar panel makers that oofer panels as a felxible film, in the shape of roof shingles and more. Solarcity will likely skip all these flexsible and customized designs for one or 2 own designs only, but there is a considerable share of the rest of the industry making them and wanting to compete with Solarcity.
    Getting an early headstart into those and possibly distribution or area rights from such brands could be helpful to sustain a sustainable business modell on sustainable energy even better than already done

Thanks
    Seen a cool ranger down here in bouillante today.
    Have to pick one up when we move down.