Thanks

What Happened to the Old GopedNation?

I was a member of that board back about 6-8 years ago. There was a real helpful guy who used to post there (here?) all the time by the name of Sheriff Joe (or John, or something like that). I think he had an avatar with Woody from Toy Story. Is this the same board or is itsomething different? Or am I just getting confused from old age and too much lead paint?

Thanks
    The original GPN got inundated with spammers, trolls and thieves so they eventually just pulled the plug. There are several facebook pages dedicated to GoPeds, but this is the last of the real scooter message boards. I was Sheriff Jon on GPN and I used a picture of the real Sheriff John as my avitar. There are a lot of helpfull folks on here who can most likely answer any question that you might have.
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

Thanks
    Woody from toy story. Haha That made me laugh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    The original GPN got inundated with spammers, trolls and thieves so they eventually just pulled the plug. There are several facebook pages dedicated to GoPeds, but this is the last of the real scooter message boards. I was Sheriff Jon on GPN and I used a picture of the real Sheriff John as my avitar. There are a lot of helpfull folks on here who can most likely answer any question that you might have.
    Good to hear. Thanks for the response. I always got a kick out of your responses and found them very helpful. Good to have this board as a replacement (more or less). Especially since I don't do Facebook.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    Good to hear. Thanks for the response. I always got a kick out of your responses and found them very helpful. Good to have this board as a replacement (more or less). Especially since I don't do Facebook.
    This place is the survining former competitor, GPN went down in line with Mojo, the admin, wanting to step out but PMW not supporting a board in general an more and no other Admin in particular ( for no particular reasons, though).
    as being hosted on both Mojo' s old macbook and an even older Server in steve patmonts basement which had database corruptions due failing HDD' s over several months the demise could have been only held up by buying new hardware and a more recent version of V-bulletin software to make moderating easier and better compatibility with more recent browsers.
    This and not so much spammers caused a problem, scammers on the classifieds where a reliability risk but did not bring down GPN ( not trolls either) more than once ( Kevin T bought some clickfarm time for a ddos once).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoSpeed View Post
    Woody from toy story. Haha That made me laugh
    Yeah. I'm dealing with very old memory cells. The data may not be very old, but the memory cells are.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    This place is the survining former competitor, GPN went down in line with Mojo, the admin, wanting to step out but PMW not supporting a board in general an more and no other Admin in particular ( for no particular reasons, though).
    as being hosted on both Mojo' s old macbook and an even older Server in steve patmonts basement which had database corruptions due failing HDD' s over several months the demise could have been only held up by buying new hardware and a more recent version of V-bulletin software to make moderating easier and better compatibility with more recent browsers.
    This and not so much spammers caused a problem, scammers on the classifieds where a reliability risk but did not bring down GPN ( not trolls either) more than once ( Kevin T bought some clickfarm time for a ddos once).
    There ya go Retrodog. Inside info straight from the horses (Dragonfires) mouth I think we all miss GPN, even with it's problems. But the Billet Board has been here for us as long as GPN was, it is still here and going strong. And has now become THE prermier Scooter Message Board, and I am grateful and thankful to ADA for sticking with us while continually pushing the boundries by coming out with new and nifty go fast goodies for us enthusiasts. So Thank you ADA for not being.......GPN!
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

Brooks (08-23-2016),displayking (08-23-2016),Gopedboy (08-25-2016),mattreed (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    well said

Thanks
    A little bit of lead won't hurt you
    Matt Etchells
    Flash-Systems ltd.

Mattetch@gmail.com