Thanks

Question Torkinator VS brushless

Im thinking about getting a torkinator but at 500$+ im not sure i wouldnt be better off with a brushless setup.

Pros \ Cons ?
    What would you do ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen420 View Post
    Im thinking about getting a torkinator but at 500$+ im not sure i wouldnt be better off with a brushless setup.

Pros \ Cons ?
    What would you do ?
    Depends on what you want to achive.

If going for more topspeed I would recommend to buy a 48V Scoot, the Uberscoot? Evo Powerboard range up from the 36V 100W model are great.

In the event a tad bit more top speed is needed the Uberscoot Citi U800 with hub motor is a good choice as well.

The Torkinaor can be geared up if having LiPo batteries and due the lower rpm levels the small front pinion won't wear down the chain as fast as on gassers, but it is still a "25 chain and scooters with a 35 or beltdrive/ hubmotor have less fuzz with this..

In general terms, a Torkinator requires to have at least 24ah worth of stock Lipos or a kit with high discharge ( c) rate and new chain and sprockets, on stock gearing ratio it would be even slower than stock since its revs a tad lower.

If all you want is topspeed a Citi U800 or a Powerboard in their 1300 or 1600 ( depending on controller and batteries of the particular model, you can get the upgrade pars from Goldenmotors in China directly) may be the better buy and cost not more than the Motor ( + peripheral parts required as explained above) upgrade to boot with.