Thread: sneek peek ;D

Thanks

Cool sneek peek ;D

Thanks

Thanks
    Her Current Specs & Parts List:

My 2011 HPI Baja 5T 1/5th scale gasoline-powered RC stadium truck. It's nearly 3-feet long, and weighs in at around 28lbs empty. She's powered by a one-off billet aluminum engine I built myself over about 9 months, with a total parts list right at $997.00. Rated potential of 7+ hp, it's a 30.5cc displacement, piston-port two-stroke engine that has been thoroughly worked over for maximum performance gain in every possible aspect. The top end is an ADA Racing 36mm CNC billet aluminum head kit with a 15:1 compression dome and copper gaskets atop a Zenoah CNC modified nickel-plated 36mm cylinder, and precisely match-mated and hand-worked to my desired port timing and duration specs. The bottom end is a bulletproof masterpeice combination of an ONeil Brothers Racing signature 3-pc 4-bolt CNC billet aluminum volume-reduced crankcase, packed tight and sealed with a CY 30mm long-stroke and polymer-stuffed forged crankshaft. Helping her rev out over 18,000-rpms, is a GZ Racing CNC modified, lightened, and relieved 36mm forged aluminum domed piston, with a titanium wrist pin, and ceramic roller bearing.
    She breathes in through an ADA Racing CNC billet aluminum lengthened big-bore intake manifold with PTFE teflon insulator gaskets, and gets her juice from a Walbro WT-990 high-performance 15.88mm bore butterfly carburetor, with sealed-bearing-modified throttle shaft, connected with 1/8" Tygon fuel feed & return lines with nylon braided sleeving, and two stages of in-line filters, that pull from her neoprene-wrapped 750ml lightweight plastic fuel tank. A GBE billet CNC aluminum velocity stack securely holds the HPI Baja dual-layered oiled-foam air filter cage assembly with an Outerwears filter cover, And she exhausts through a DDM Racing Dominator FAST series unsilenced end-bleed tuned expansion chamber.
    I personally hand-balanced the flywheel on my own custom balancer, and also shaved and drilled structurally unnecessary material from mostly the outer 50% of the circumfrence, to right under 160g final weight without the nut. Topped off with a Zenoah ignition coil, NGK CMR7H spark plug, and chrome-plated aluminum fancover with CY pullstarter
    At the output side of the crankcase, which has been doubled-up with a third bearing, is an OBR/Turtle Racing V2 CNC billet aluminum sealed clutch housing mated to a Turtle Racing complete V2 CNC billet heavy duty clutch system, and billet gear plate with reinforced input shaft bearing. The clutch friction internals are Zenoah 54mm two-shoe centrifugal-type, currently with a 6,ooo-rpm engagement spring.
    As for her drivetrain, shes currently running a Turtle Racing 18-tooth hardened pinion gear in mesh with a Hostile 56-tooth spur gear, and a 20-tooth transmission input drive gear from the HPI Baja 5B models' transmission. Fast Lane Machine true-CVD rockwell hardened 10mm diameter drive shafts & matching differential cups transfer power from the symmetrical viscous-torque limited slip differential, which is using Team Fast Eddy 60,000-wt silicone fluid, and the CV joints themselves stay sealed and lubed with Hostile UB-55 synthetic axle boots and my own special mixture of goose grease & graphite A set of ADA Racing CNC billet aluminum dual-bearing hub carriers keep her axles centered and strong in the rear under heavy abuse, while in the front, Vertigo clip-less extended-width hubs give added stability in hard cornering. She rides tall on a set of Proline Trencher 3"x7.65" tires wrapped around HPI MS series foams, and held down tight with Proline inner and outer bead locks with Silverback screws on original black120mm HPI Outlaw wheels.
    Smoothing out even the roughest terrain, and giving her impressive ground clearance, are Golden Horizons CNC billet aluminum lower suspension arms both front and back, and RPM upper suspension arms with 10mm steel turnbuckle support collars on rears. And the fully-adjustable HPI VVC-HD shocks with 2-hole pistons, 40wt oil, and stock black springs at 25mm preload keeping things light up front, and 12-hole pistons with 15wt oil, and three separate-rate springs at a dead zero preload are holding up her heavy rearend. And keeping her level and stable in hard turns, are a set of HPI anti-sway bars, med "black" in rear & hard "gold" in front. Then, for good measure, a PhatDad 2-degree anti-squat rear hinge plate improves launch geometry and traction loss during hard acceleration. A set of Integy alloy upper shock mount braces support the front upper sock pivots, and bridges across the Team Chase HD shock towers in the rear.
    A sturdy and all-too-neccesary Turtle Racing CNC billet aluminum rear transmission plate tops the gap between her rear bulkheads, and twin-bearing 4-bolt brake mount with an HPI HD billet aluminum heat sink brake caliper, along with the Full-Force carbon fiber disc brakes & solid billet aluminum pads, will lock up her big meaty tires on dry pavement with ease.
    And then electronics, a Killer RC "Super Bee" programmable glitch-sensing kill switch controller & runaway failsafe system keeps a watchful eye on equipment conditions, while the GT3-B 3-channel 2.4ghz radio system runs features like ABS, one-touch dual-rate steering, and exponential neutral point & end point adjustments, and even includes PC virtual training simulator software control through USB connection. Hi-Tec digital Ultra-Torque metal gear servos with billet aluminum arms actuate the Yamadude throttle & brake control linkage, and steering linkage movements accurately and powerfully with the HPI 3,000mah 6v NiMH 5-cell battery pack, which is easily monitored at a glance using the lid-mounted Voltwatch LED voltage status meter on the top of the sealed and fully self-contained electronics compartment.
    She gets her regular maintenance services with all silicon nitride ceramic bearings throughout, high-quality double-lip oil seals and copper gaskets, and grade 10 or higher metric hardware and fasteners. She will stand up on two rear wheels with paddle tires in the sand dunes, and will easily do over 55mph with current gear set combination.

I've already got coming in the mail from DDM, a 20/54 gear combo. By calculation, with the 20-tooth input shaft gear, i should be hitting around 65-70mph or so with the 7.5" Trencher tires, at an engine peak of right at around 17,900-18,000 rpm's. I think i gonna swap to the 8,000 rpm clutch spring too, at least just to see what laungh improvement it makes with the extra-tall gears, even though i've always been happy with the stock Zenoah 6,000 rpm for most casual driving. But with the new carb/pipe combo, she's running harder and better than ever, and she runs out of gear really fast at 18/56/20, and hits 55 mph in three blinks of an eye, lol.
    Last edited by bobdudeguyman; 12-30-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks
    tldr

Thanks
    heres a bit of vid i took today while playing with her tuning..

https://youtu.be/4MD5vLMqeb0

Thanks
    Great build. No detail or expense spared to get it just the way you like.
    MB Products | Coast Ped Crew
    instagram.com/mb_products
    facebook.com/mbengineered

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Marc For This Useful Post:

bobdudeguyman (12-31-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Great build. No detail or expense spared to get it just the way you like.
    absolutely! when it comes to all-out performance that's built like a brick BBQ, it has to the the best of the best, accept no substitute

and of course, the smile it puts on ya is worth more than any amount of money

Thanks
    got my TR/Hostile 20/54 pinion and spur gear set yesterday swapped to the 8k high-response clutch shoes too. an incredible difference in overall speed. by the time her clutch even engages, she's already haulin @$$! need to get her out somewhere she can really stretch her legs and get up to cruising speed! got a setup figured out for mounting a phone inside the cage, where i can take drivers seat video and get GPS readings as well. just waiting for a nice day with mild-low temps, low humidity, and hopefully higher than 30.00in on the barometer. that's when she loves a really rich mixture, and the powerband hits really hard

https://youtu.be/SJGJ33Jy4BM