Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Thanks
    I was hoping that with the right bracket this might be a fairly simple bolt-on mod, and basically it is. But in order to combat the rotational forces I had to drill and tap the motor mount to accept a locator bolt (flat head phillips) to lock the bracket in place. I also had to notch the bracket so the swing arm and wheel bolt end with lock nut had room to move. But now as is it seems to work, and is fairly easily adjustable.

I don't know if the Slakinator will hold up to the rigors of a 4-6 or more lap race, or even just the torque and speed of a gas powered motor. But one has held up just fine on my Hoverboard for well over 1000 miles of smiles with no visible signs of wear. So I figured why not give it a try for these chain challenged Quads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGJPjwsAdI
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by SJ; 04-19-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

Thanks
    Here is the latest video.....

CP......

Thanks
    I got the motor cleaned back up and put back on, then did a under load test. The Slakinator bounces around quite a bit, just like is does on a ESR or Hoverboard. But it does keep a light (adjustable) tension on the chain so I can run a slightly longer chain. This is also a new carb install (48) and it is not in tune yet.

whi
    CP......

Thanks
    Today I went by COAST PED and had Jason weld a new pipe mount for me, and got to do a few runs up and down the ally and around a hard corner a few times before I ran out of gas. But the Slakinator held up fine, and the new levers on the steering wheel felt great. Then when I got home I found the new TRP caliper.

Now (with fuel) she should Go and STOP
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    CP......