Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    T fuel tank
    Is this a large offbrand fuel tank with a bolting pattern that would fit on a Goped frame ?

Ignore the following question if you feel it derails your thread:

I am asking this since another member asked for alternatives to the OEM fuel tanks on a Goped, and I recall that offers on Ebay and by the heavy twins of Cruz products ( slimmed down to one brother and no current Goped sales, sadly) had alternative gas tanks on sale back the day.

Do you have any hints or links to larger, coloured or cheaper alternative Gastanks ?

Nifty "unifit" mount btw.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Is this a large offbrand fuel tank with a bolting pattern that would fit on a Goped frame ?

Ignore the following question if you feel it derails your thread:

I am asking this since another member asked for alternatives to the OEM fuel tanks on a Goped, and I recall that offers on Ebay and by the heavy twins of Cruz products ( slimmed down to one brother and no current Goped sales, sadly) had alternative gas tanks on sale back the day.

Do you have any hints or links to larger, coloured or cheaper alternative Gastanks ?

Nifty "unifit" mount btw.
    This is what you're looking at.

http://adaracing.com/goped-gas-tank-go-ped-fuel-tanks/
    MB Products | Coast Ped Crew
    instagram.com/mb_products
    facebook.com/mbengineered

Thanks
    Thanks Marc for answering Dragonfire.

K-1 SPEED was a freakin BLAST This was my first time in one of these and the first time since the old Malibu Grand Prix days. In my first race I started last and was passed....by everybody, including a Girl and Blue flagged three times.

Second race I started last again, but this time nobody passed me, so I did not loose any positions.

Third race (on the smaller tighter track) there were just 4 of us and I started second behind Jason. I tried to keep up but he was gone. There was a guy behind me that I swear looked just like Slitzel (long and lanky bright white legs in gym shorts and a t-shirt) and I herd him coming up on me so and got my act together and had 1 lap that seemed almost perfect and I did not have to lift except for slightly in the tightest hairpin to keep him at bay. It felt GOOD But then he passed me and I ended up third. But that one lap, was the FASTEST lap run of the race I learned a lot today, mostly that I don't have the middle name of Schumacher, and I have a LOT to learn. I/we will be going back often, I got the 8 race package and still have 5 races left on my account. Well worth the price IMO and perfect for practice day or night, even if it is raining outside like cats and dogs.

I just can't seem to find those danged fuel tank fittings, but I did manage to organize a bit of my mess while looking for them. I may have to just order another set if I don't find these by tomorrow..
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

Thanks
    DANCE FLOOR

I got a floor cut out today. I will finish fit it, and then put it somewhere safe and out of the way until after powder coat and then pop rivit it on.

I also got my Stover nuts welded on. But the heat of the welds must have distorted the nut because the bolts will not back out now and are all gauled up. It was a nice idea, but she no workie. So I will cut/drill/grind these out and start over with two access holes in the floor to be able to get to the nuts for installation and if or when we need to remove the tank.

I still can't find them fuel tank fittings I guess I will have to order another set, and hope that DOH has more.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    CP......

Thanks
    Is this a scratch built frame, or a PMW special order or...? It's 4" longer yes?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliusOptimus View Post
    Is this a scratch built frame, or a PMW special order or...? It's 4" longer yes?
    As far as I know the only mod that GoPed did was stretch the frame and outside rail 4" and add another outside brace at the widest point. The rest is or will be all us.
    CP......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

CaliusOptimus (01-23-2017)

Thanks
    talk about a build... this thing is gonna be sick. awesome fabrication

Thanks
    I got this cool little Blue LED Tach/Hour meter this evening. I had thought it was going to be internally battery powered. But turns out it needs external 12V power. But that is no problem with a simple little RC battery. There are two threaded inserts on the backside and two studs that screw into them. Just my dumb luck the holes just happen to line up PERFECTLY with any of the holes on the dash panel. There is even still plenty of room on the dash for an ON/OFF switch for the Tach and a KILL button for the motor.
    CP......

Thanks
    I drilled and cut the destroyed nuts and bolts off, and then made two access ports to fit a wrench into if I need to remove the tank bracket after the floor is pop riveted on.
    CP......

Thanks
    This is the brake caliper that I plan on trying for this build, the Dia-Comp Juin Tech R-1. It is a 'closed system' cable actuated Hydraulic brake caliper. Meaning there is No reservoir to fill, no bleeding, no spillage, no mess, easy peasy. The reservoir (about where the JUIN is located) is filled, bleed and sealed at the factory. The stopping power and ease of adjustability of Hydros.....at the end and ease of use of a cable. Just what the Dr ordered for pedals. It looks like they are super easy to adjust, and the pads both move inwards towards the rotor as opposed to just the outside pad as with many or most mechanical calipers, which can help to warp a rotor in no time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qn7xlnMWdU
    CP......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    I got this cool little Blue LED
    Idea:
    Orange "underglow" stripes along the length of it and some blue/red shorter stripes visible from the front for overtaking situations - or just to make tailgating someone who is not making way more dramatic to watch

Thanks
    I am definitely doing the bottom plate on my next quad. The dash is great on these things too.

Looking good and classy as always SJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketped View Post
    Damn Texan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by depog revilo View Post
    I am definitely doing the bottom plate on my next quad. The dash is great on these things too.

Looking good and classy as always SJ
    I have a feeling many ideas from this build will be copied by others. Cool that SJ is sharing such detail

15. The Following User Says Thank You to EvoSpeed For This Useful Post:

Depths of Hell (01-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,521 Posts
    I was at the bike shop awhile back and they showed me one of those set ups. Intreged by the set, not the price tag. 😅

Very excited to hear your thoughts on it, although pretty self explanatory in terms of set up.

I suggest maybe a bead of silicone on the frame where you pop rivet the plate on. It should help eliminate rattle, cause that would be annoying. 😉

Remind us again Revilo, why you need a skid plate? 😂
    Hell Fab

Thanks
    Those are some really dope calipers! The price really isn't bad relatively speaking. I've been researching different brakes for my build and have seen some zingers... like the hope brakes that are ever so Gucci. I really wanted a set of these until I saw the price tag! They're like billet BB7s