Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    On a lite note: My Daughter had an ultrasound yesterday and they found out there is an 80% chance it will be a GIRL, and they came home with pics. They asked the Dr how big she is right now. She said about as big as a Hot Wheels LOL or a jalapeno pepper. This shit just got real! What a cute widdo face
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

Depths of Hell (01-25-2017),Gpedcruisin (01-25-2017),Len (02-02-2017),qwerty (01-27-2017)

Thanks
    I did not get much done today, but along the way I like to moc assemble things just to see how it will look.
    CP......

Thanks
    And now for some pure sillyness......

It even works, and with 20 year old batteries in it. Go figure
    CP......

Thanks
    I got the lighted ON/OFF toggle switch today so I drilled and mounted it and the kill switch along with the Tach/Hour meter, and powered up the meter just to see how the numbers look when in use. I will wire the switch to power the Tach, and there is a little LED in the end of this toggle that light up BLUE (to match the Tach) when it is flipped ON.
    CP......

Thanks
    I picked the BLUE numbered gauge for the Tach because it matches the numbers on the Dakota Digital gauges that I had installed today along with lighted hand controls. All the better for me to see with my Dear, and I absolutely LOVE them. They are clearly visible in ALL light conditions. I rode directly into a blairing late afternoon sun and could see the gauges just fine. Then I turned the other way and rode with the sun to my back, and I could still see the numbers just fine. With the stock analog gauges there was enough glare on the faces to block them completely out. And now riding at night should be a lot safer and even more pleasant.
    CP......

Thanks
    Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,521 Posts
    The mega-phone is awesome, pure genius chief.

The instrument panel is coming along nicely, nice to have a control center. 👍
    Hell Fab

Thanks

Counter Cart

While getting ready to go to the shop I had to put the cart on the counter to open the door into the garage, and it struck me funny seeing a race cart on the kitchen counter.

Now off to the Magic shop....and then mayne later over to K-1 Speed for a few laps
    CP......

Thanks
    I finally found the SS fuel line fittings that I had got from DOH.....I used them on my BVO. I KNEW I had them somewhere.....DOH (Homer Simpson DOH) So I ordered a new set on line, and they came in this weekend.

The stock plastic fittings on the ADA 1.5 liter tank are threaded 8 MM x 1.25 and easily removed with a 10 mm wrench.
    I used DOH suggestion to install the SS fitting along with a flapper filter.

But since the fitting is 6 mm and the hole is 8 mm there is quite a gap between the fitting and the tank. I tried both of the O rings that Dave sent with his fittings, but they were a little too fat. So I found a 5/16 x 3/16 x 1/16 O ring in the plumbing dept at ACE and hope it along with the smaller O ring that came with the fitting will fill the gap and not leak.

I am not going to need the return line so I bought some Permatex Forn-A-Gasket #2 Non Hardening sealant that is safe to be used around gasoline to seal the 8 mm x 1.25 button head bolt I will use screwed into the other hole.

It seems to be air tight when I suck on the fitting (that did not sound right) and cover the fill hole. It creates a nice vacuume in the tank. Next I will throw some fuel in there and hope she no leaky.
    CP......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

Depths of Hell (01-31-2017)

Thanks
    Fuel Leak Test under commencement.
    CP......

Thanks
    Fuel Leak Test was a smashing SUCCESS!

After 20 something hours NO LEAKS, and fuel flows through the flapper filter just fine (see photo)

I have never tried this with a GoPed tank, but with fuel in this ADA tank and the cap screwed on I turned this the upside down and shook the living hell out of it to try and build up a little inside pressure to test for leaks and, NO LEAKS. And it did create a little pressure because when I twist the cap off I can hear air rushing out. And the gas cap on these tanks is vented slightly different, no hole through the top. Plenty of air gets in under the cap and yet it is still completely sealed in any orientation.
    CP......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

Depths of Hell (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    I will just leave these lil minty fresh tidbits here .................for now.
    CP......

Thanks
    We got the rear axle placed and Jason tacked it on, along with the spline for the steering wheel. Tacked, just in case we decide to move either after we have the seat solidly mounted. Then....we figured out the seat stays.
    CP......

Thanks

Thumbs up The Good Stuff

The rear stays are 5/8" tube with the ends pressed flat and bent to fit the seat and frame. But the front stand off's are truly custom and one off's (well 2 to be honest) are little jewels almost too pretty to hide under the seat. And when used with a couple of GoPed deck grommets (the old school GOOD ones) bolted from underneth and down through the seat and grommet should allow for just a little vibration dampening and still be nice and solid.

I will get the holes for the front stand offs drilled tomorrow and then mount the seat solid to the cart so I can do a real test fit.

It was a very productive day Thank you Jason (no homo)
    CP......

Thanks
    I got the seat mounted this morning ,and boy did she turn out fine.

To keep the bottom of the cart nice and flush it was suggested that I try to draw the flat heads for the front mounts up into the frame creating a countersink for the bolthead . I did, and it worked perfect to leave just enough bolt head out to sit flush once I pop rivet the floor on.
    CP......

Thanks
    Very nice, I like those seat mounts!! Where did you get those?