Thanks

orange county santa ana riverbed

anyone in the OC would like a cruise to PCH tomorrow meet at harbor and warner under the bridge cruising with 4 other peds

meet up 11am santa ana riverbed "harbor and warner"

COME JOIN !

Thanks

Thumbs down

I hate to rain on your Parade, but stand up gas scooters or any unauthorized motorized thingys are NOT allowed or Legal on most if all riot nearly all off-hiway bike trails here in the OC and LA area. And most of the trails are clearly marked with signs at nearly every entrance. The sign pictured below is actually on the Santa Ana River Bike Trail.

So be careful,out there, be respectful of the people who live along the river/bike trail, and don't make the scooter community look like a bunch of clueless and selfish idiots who don't give a crap about the law or anyone but themselves.

With litterally tens of thousands of miles of paved and legal roads with bike lanes to ride on here in Cali......why risk getting ticketed and knowingly piss everyone off who you will encounter just to ride the river trail
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

contract (08-12-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    I hate to rain on your Parade, but stand up gas scooters or any unauthorized motorized thingys are NOT allowed or Legal on most if all riot nearly all off-hiway bike trails here in the OC and LA area. And most of the trails are clearly marked with signs at nearly every entrance. The sign pictured below is actually on the Santa Ana River Bike Trail.

So be careful,out there, be respectful of the people who live along the river/bike trail, and don't make the scooter community look like a bunch of clueless and selfish idiots who don't give a crap about the law or anyone but themselves.

With litterally tens of thousands of miles of paved and legal roads with bike lanes to ride on here in Cali......why risk getting ticketed and knowingly piss everyone off who you will encounter just to ride the river trail
    uh ..yeah theres none of those sgins in my area and theres also other motor bikes on the riverbed so just relax and kick some rocks
    in that case WHOEVER has the balls to ride come join

Thanks
    There was a Nor-Cal ride up here on Super Bowl 51, rode Highway 1. Amazing views. Got lucky, passed a few cops and they did not stop us.

http://www.billetboard.com/showthrea...-51-GoPed-Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note, ride ran late and did not make it to our buddys super bowl party till half time, I was the only one rooting for the Pats too

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pedguyman View Post
    There was a Nor-Cal ride up here on Super Bowl 51, rode Highway 1. Amazing views. Got lucky, passed a few cops and they did not stop us.

http://www.billetboard.com/showthrea...-51-GoPed-Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note, ride ran late and did not make it to our buddys super bowl party till half time, I was the only one rooting for the Pats too

nice ! yeah we passed cops also nothing happen really

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trippyxsport View Post
    uh ..yeah theres none of those sgins in my area and theres also other motor bikes on the riverbed so just relax and kick some rocks
    Hey, I am a scooter enthusiast just like you. I live about a mile from the SA river trail and have ridden it many times on a bicycle, and a few times on my Electric scooter. That is when I took that picture posted above (on the Santa Ana River Bicycle trail). And since you did/do not seem aware that riding gas scooters on these trails is illegal, I tried to give you a heads up.

I have been riding scooters for nearly 20 years now. I am very grateful and appreciate the fact that I/you are fortunate enough to live in a State where stand up scooters are still Legal, and want to KEEP it that way, as I asume you do as well. So when I see someone post something about a ride that may draw undue and or negative attention to OUR little community.....I will usually speak out.

It would not take much to get scooters BANNED from California streets IF too many people/neighbors start to complain about noise, or if Cops have to try and case down Pedders because they were riding where they are are not supposed to be riding.

But hey, if you want to be...that guy
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SJ For This Useful Post:

CaliusOptimus (08-12-2017),contract (08-12-2017)

Thanks
    Yeah... gotta stay of the trails with your gas peds. A noisy *** goped will trigger half the people on the trail. Just keep it to the streets or buy an ESR.

Thanks
    Theres a kid in my neighborhood that rides down the trails once in a while... if I catch his *** we're gonna have a chat because ATM the rangers have been 200% cool with me and my electric ped. His noisy little sport could ruin that quickly.

Thanks
    Since most of you are from socal area have any of you ridden in Downtown Los Angeles? I work out there and have been thinking about keeping a scooter in my work truck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trippyxsport View Post
    You are probably friends with a lot of the other newer so cal kids like Valezquez, Nikolai, Palacios, Oakley, Douglas, etc. Word to the wise man have some respect, Brian "SJ" is a long time rider and what he's saying is true about the river trail. We don't want to get cops on our *** for the guys that do pay attention to the signs and laws (at least now a days we do).

If you've got any questions or want to know more about why this is a smart idea feel free to PM me or hit me up on facebook

Elliot - Coast Ped Crew
    Elliot Laurance
    Coast Ped, Goped Superstore, ADA
    World Domination 2003-2004