Thanks

Anybody have some old nitro's still?

Just seeing if anybody out there has some old nitro rc 8th+ scales out there. Used to be into them pretty hard and recently brought out my oldies to see if they still perform. Both original Tamiya's.

First car is a Terra Crusher, one of the first 8th scale offroad nitros. Also had reverse which was huge for it's time. Was lucky to get my hands on those billet aluminum rims back in the day which don't seem to be around any more. Upgraded the engine to a W Picco .27 big block, which makes this rig pretty beast! Sadly it has a slight tranny problem I need to figure out which blows as parts are becoming so obsolete for these cars.

Second car is the sister of the Terra Crusher, the TNX was a smaller version. Pretty much my always reliable beater that I always use. Started up no problem as always and ran like a champ.

Anyone else got some cool nitro's laying around? Sorry if this part of the forum is 5th scale's only =X
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spsa88 View Post
    Just seeing if anybody out there has some old nitro rc 8th+ scales out there. Used to be into them pretty hard and recently brought out my oldies to see if they still perform. Both original Tamiya's.

First car is a Terra Crusher, one of the first 8th scale offroad nitros. Also had reverse which was huge for it's time. Was lucky to get my hands on those billet aluminum rims back in the day which don't seem to be around any more. Upgraded the engine to a W Picco .27 big block, which makes this rig pretty beast! Sadly it has a slight tranny problem I need to figure out which blows as parts are becoming so obsolete for these cars.

Second car is the sister of the Terra Crusher, the TNX was a smaller version. Pretty much my always reliable beater that I always use. Started up no problem as always and ran like a champ.

Anyone else got some cool nitro's laying around? Sorry if this part of the forum is 5th scale's only =X
    Hey did you ever get those cars running

Thanks
    I was working on them alot earlier this year and had the Tnx running perfect. The terra crusher runs but I have to replace the clutch shoes which are aluminum and I had trouble finding them. Started working on the gopeds alot more. So I ran them dry and stored them. Once my gsr is complete I will get them out again.

Thanks
    Would you ever sell one if so how much

Thanks
    Its crazy how those little motors are worth more than a 460 complete motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    I knew I was forgetting something, LUUBE!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton54 View Post
    Would you ever sell one if so how much
    I have considered selling the Terra Crusher a few times. As far as a price goes that I could not tell you right now. I will think of a price for it and let you know!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushinit View Post
    Its crazy how those little motors are worth more than a 460 complete motor.
    It really is crazy. They also don't seem to last very long since they are so tiny the compression wears down so quick.

Thanks
    i have an old school nitro rustler. considering a tmax or a revo. 4wd ftw.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,521 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    i have an old school nitro rustler. considering a tmax or a revo. 4wd ftw.
    The Traxxas T-Bag is the biggest piece of **** nitro RC truck ever made, well almost. Traxxas makes some great cars now, I feel the T-Bag is a huge reason their cars are actually worth a **** today as it was a big learning curve for their current 4WDs. I say get the Revo, way better truck in every aspect!
    Hell Fab

Thanks
    It really is crazy. They also don't seem to last very long since they are so tiny the compression wears down so quick.
    I disagree, they are spendy for the size but if ran rich they will see many many gallons of fuel. I have an O.S. engine that I have been running for about 9 years, same block, same rod, same piston and same cylinder sleeve, no bull****. spsa88, maybe you're talking about the Traxxas engines that are ****in worthless as **** on a boar?
    Hell Fab

Thanks
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  120.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Depths of Hell View Post
    The Traxxas T-Bag is the biggest piece of **** nitro RC truck ever made, well almost. Traxxas makes some great cars now, I feel the T-Bag is a huge reason their cars are actually worth a **** today as it was a big learning curve for their current 4WDs. I say get the Revo, way better truck in every aspect!
    It's not a true t-bagger without a set of these dangling off the back!
    Pedfest 2014

Quote Originally Posted by depog revilo View Post
    Steve, I am really excited to see yours.

Thanks
    Most reliable thing on that piece of ****.
    Hell Fab

Thanks
    I have an old Sportwerks Turmoil with a axial .28 engine in it............... Also a traxxas jato that is all stock as of now. I'm going through the Sportwerks right now redoing everything over. Just picked up a Thunder Tiger Pro .70bx engine that i'm trying to find a chassis to put it on

Thanks

I have got a bug crusher. But this Terra crusher is a beauty.

Thanks
    Awesome monster truck