Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRQ Build

Thanks
    Did they powder coat in the frame where the bearings sit?
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketped View Post
    Damn Texan

Thanks
    Yes. PMW does as well
    I'm sure it will loosen up after time. Just unnecessary load on the motor.

Thanks
    Nothing really new as I am still searching for an install tool.
    Shout out to JetPro though for the SGQ pipe. Much like Sasquatch it is not very photographed. I could not find any photos that were of use to me. I was unsure if it would work in my application. My fear was that with the increased wheel diameter of the TRQ the silencer tip would hit. It appears as if it will work just fine. Per my request I even got a 90 degree elbow on the silencer so the exhaust points directly backwards eliminating the oil splatter on my wheel/chain/sprocket. I heard this pipe has great bottom end.

Name:  JetPro.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  99.8 KB

Surprisingly this new axle was only $5 @ DDM. I would assume they were sitting on it for quite some time.

Name:  axle.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  51.5 KB

I also inadvertently ordered a 98T DDM sprocket a few weeks ago when they were too cheap not to buy. Well to my dismay it does not fit which is my fault. A quick trip to the lathe though will open it up allotting enough room for it to slide over the axle.

Thanks
    Please share how you like that pipe, in thinking about ordering one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pedguy View Post
    Please share how you like that pipe, in thinking about ordering one.
    I've had one of these before and recently purchased another!

Great pipe for the quad in my opinion. Has very nice top end and with the silencer it is not incredibly loud (still loud though). Also, on each application I never had to trim my quad seat like you have to do with the pacsales pipe and rs pipe.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arick View Post

I've had one of these before and recently purchased another!

Great pipe for the quad in my opinion. Has very nice top end and with the silencer it is not incredibly loud (still loud though). Also, on each application I never had to trim my quad seat like you have to do with the pacsales pipe and rs pipe.
    This is sounding better and better! How is the low end? It looks a lot like the original JetPro silenced 460 pipe so I was thinking it'd perform like that one. I really liked that pipe on my gtr. I'm probably going to order a raw pipe, I love the way those look.

Thanks
    My quad didn't come with a kill switch nor cable when I bought it. I felt uneasy spending $18 at Daves so I got them from the next best place, China.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  49.3 KB

Thanks
    After a few days Goped was able to track down 1/2 of a CIDLI install kit. I was only able to get a skewer and plate at that time but was able to make the rest. Getting the rear knuckles in with the aid of this tool was a breeze while leaving the pony clamps in the shop. On the other hand 1/2-20 all rod and a coupling took a little effort to get ahold of.

Name:  tool.JPG
Views: 986
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  rims.JPG
Views: 934
Size:  120.9 KB

Name:  rear.JPG
Views: 1276
Size:  111.1 KB

I was originally going to run 160mm on the rear but convinced myself that ground clearance would be a better trade off.
    Name:  Brake.JPG
Views: 924
Size:  92.8 KB

Thanks
    I am glad that you were able to put together a CIDLI tool kit, and that installation was a "breeze". Are those tiny bullet connectors Kawasaki? I have some similar connectors that I got from a guy in Japan, and I believe they were used for Kawasaki turn signal wires.
    CP......
    HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

Thanks
    These connectors I believe were Honda but generally used for motorcycle/atv applications.
    I am relieved I can stop looking for one. The install block still isn't designed for the use on a TRQ but works just fine. Since there is no utilization of a compression block on the suspension there is no need for the rods to protrude out so far. Goped does 1 of 2 things, trims the rods after installation or sets them further in the knuckle. This is how the rods sit on a TRQ.

Name:  OEMrods.jpg
Views: 1579
Size:  110.1 KB

Thanks
    This build is coming along great! Not many TRQ builds come up so I am excited for this!

Thanks
    Wouldn't the rods need to protrude out slightly to be adjustable with pressure from the external nut?

Thanks
    I have the same quad pipe and the power band hits earlier than most pipes and the top end is respectable as well. This is turning into a good build, cant wait to see the outcome.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by monster2.0 View Post
    I have the same quad pipe and the power band hits earlier than most pipes and the top end is respectable as well. This is turning into a good build, cant wait to see the outcome.
    Yup the hole shot to mid-range is killer with this pipe. The top is kinda flat but the bottom rocks.

Thanks
    Installing the front suspension was tedious to say the least. The seat post does not allow you to use the use longer rods while using the install tool so it must be installed inch by inch periodically changing the length sizes of both the threaded rods and sleeve. I don't see myself ever wanting to do it again. The kits works but requires some ingenuity.

Still have a few things to button up on it but everything seems to be coming together. My only thing that I wish was different is that I had a ADA mount and head kit to accompany the fresh 460.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  109.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images