Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Gpedcruisin's Goquad Build-Off Thread

Hello everyone,

Here is what I started with. Thanks to everyone that has helped so far, you know who you are! Its my first build off, and first all out build that I have done. I have a new found respect for all the builds here. It is not easy finding all the right parts, and it takes a lot of time and thought to make a proper build.

This quad started off as a Craigslist find for $200. A boring Goquad 25.

Few weeks ago, I started working on it. Always been a procrastinator, lol. Took it all apart and started off with the first mod and got Goped MIA Repairs to do a live axle conversion!

Had to grind off the tab to fit on the disc brakes

Also reinforced the front wheel brackets. Just like the Super go quads

Thanks
    Here it is after powder coat. Got a few of the extra pieces powder coated as well. Went with a hammertone grey.

Thanks
    I like where this is going

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slitz For This Useful Post:

Gpedcruisin (07-21-2014)

Thanks
    I think you got to notch reinforce steer bracket. You wont be able to do a full turn but I could be wrong

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nammerbboi View Post
    I think you got to notch reinforce steer bracket. You wont be able to do a full turn but I could be wrong
    Are you talking about the extra reinforcement we welded on? If you are, it still turns just fine. This is how the super goquads are.

Thanks
    that color is looking serious .... looks like a gator back lol... sick A** looking Quad Carlos ... keep up the great work
    FACEBOOK.COM/GOPEDREPAIRS FACEBOOK.COM/WHEELREPAIRGUYS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rcmk29.5port For This Useful Post:

Gpedcruisin (07-21-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmk29.5port View Post
    that color is looking serious .... looks like a gator back lol... sick A** looking Quad Carlos ... keep up the great work
    Thanks Joey! I kick myself for not doing a gauge mount like DR did. I have no idea where to place the TTO Tach. Trying to figure something out.

Thanks
    So after months of getting parts together, and getting very lucky on an Ebay snipe for a TS headkit, it was finally time to do something with these parts. After seeing what Slitz did with all the blue anodizing, I had to do something similar. I ended up going with a red anodize theme. Everything billet that I had collected for this build was going to get anodized.

Here is the beauty that I stole from Ebay

Here are all the pieces getting dropped off. Full TS motor with timing cover, all the wheels, and everything that I could get my hands on that was aluminum. There were a few extra pieces that did not make it on the build.

Here are all the pieces after anodizing. It very quickly started coming together after I got these back in...

Thanks
    I see two TS shells.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slitz View Post
    I see two TS shells.....
    Just threw that one in for fun. It may go on the SXP. For what I paid, may as well get a few extras done.

Thanks
    As soon as I got the pieces back, I started working on the engine. I was very excited to get this thing together. My goal was to build the best RC engine I could. Below is what I came up with.

Engine Specs: (Full TS Motor - 30.5cc with 3mm long rod)
    -4 bolt Up-ward facing TS casereed
    -Zenoah 36mm push ported top end. Has 6 port reed porting
    -Zenoah full mod lightened piston, window ported by Push
    -Stuffed and 2mm stroked crank with 3mm long rod
    -Lightened flywheel
    -990 Carb
    -Team Fast Eddy crank case bearings
    -RB Innovations clutch cooling plate
    -Turtle Racing V2 pull start
    -13:1 compression, will change to 15:1 when I get 110 octane

Push ported top end. Also matched the 3mm spacer to the cases (not pictured)

All the pieces laid out ready to be put together

Crank case bearings in

Starting to come together

Thanks
    Here is the engine mostly put together. I did not like the pull start very much, and a few people called it out as not matching, or just not really being the high end piece that it should be taking into account the rest of the motor.

So I immediately put in an order for the Turtle Racing pull start. For $120, it was not an easy purchase, but when I got it, I was very pleased with the quality. It is such an amazing piece, and it is worth every single penny. I almost look forward to using it, lol.

MUCH better.

Thanks
    So I then started working on getting everything on the frame. The quad really started to take shape now.

Getting the steering parts on. All the pieces cleaned up really well.

Added black Lizard Skin grips with matching red anodized ends. Got the ET throttle lever mounted, and was going to use the Avid brake lever, but it looked off.

I was not able to get the powedercoated ET brake lever traded for one I could anodize, but I threw it on anyways. It actually doesn’t look bad, and it is better than the Avid lever. It also still matches the theme.

I started to work on the pieces on the back axle. I put in the bearings and axle. I should have sanded down some of the powdercoat inside the tubing. It is going to take a freaking miracle to take off those bearings in the future. I mounted the tank with stainless hardware. It has a new black tank cover and a new Engine Trix vented gas cap (used the DIY on how to vent a gas cap, TY). I added the disc brake bracket and mocked up the beadlock rim with sprocket.

Thanks
    coming together very nicely....cant wait to see it in person.... maybe if its done this week we can all take them out for a ride ....
    hopefully i will finish mine as well
    FACEBOOK.COM/GOPEDREPAIRS FACEBOOK.COM/WHEELREPAIRGUYS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmk29.5port View Post
    coming together very nicely....cant wait to see it in person.... maybe if its done this week we can all take them out for a ride ....
    hopefully i will finish mine as well
    It is pretty much done, just finishing up the seat. Then I need a little break in time. Engine is just beastly. It is so loud, and it rumbles the whole cart, lol.